Popular phone manufacturer HTC recently announced the HTC One X Plus, an update to the Android based HTC One X smartphone announced earlier this year. The main update to the HTC One X Plus is that the new smartphone features a significantly enhanced 1.7GHz quad-core processor providing up to 67% faster performance. The HTC One X Plus is one of the first smartphones to become available on the Canadian market to feature a quad-core LTE compatible processor.
The HTC One X Plus will be available with up to 64GB of storage, double the amount of memory provided in the earlier HTC One X. (32GB in some countries)
Another advantage with the HTC One X Plus is that the new smartphone comes supplied with a longer lasting battery. The higher capacity battery combined with a lower power consumption processor allows the HTC One X+ to offer up to about 50% longer talk time compared to its predecessor (varies depending on usage).
The HTC One X Plus smartphone inherits the same 8 megapixel backwards facing camera that is found on the HTC One X. The front facing camera has been updated to offer slightly higher resolution at 1.6MP compared to the 1.3MP camera on the HTC One X. The HTC One X Plus also features improved image processing software that helps produce better looking images.
The HTC One X Plus smartphone is scheduled to be available on the Telus network before the holidays. Pricing and plans will be announced at a later date.
HTC One X Plus SmartPhone Major Features:
• 1.7GHz quad-core processor: designed to keep up with users multi-tasking demands. Quickly load web pages, watch videos plus get animations fast.
• Up to 50% more battery life: the HTC One X Plus features up to 50% more battery life for up to 6 hours more talk time versus the earlier HTC One X.
• Never miss the perfect moment: One-press continuous shooting fires off 4 shots per second to help capture the best moment. With the exclusive HTC VideoPic you can shoot video and capture photos simultaneously. If you miss a great shot while filming your video, just can replay your footage and choose an actual photo from as many frames as you want.
• Take great pictures even in strong backlight: in HDR mode, each time you press the shutter, HDR snaps three rapid shots at different exposures, taking only the best parts of each picture and marrying them into one single picture with more crisp detail in both the foreground and background.
• HTC Panorama Mode: allows you to take wide landscape shots by panning horizontally. The phone then auto stitches 5 shots into one photograph with a wider field of view.
• Great portraits, easy: the 8MP f/2.0 camera on the HTC One X+ is able to detect faces at various angles and automatically applies subtle enhancements to skin and eyes so everyone looks their best. A countdown timer has been added to the front camera, as well as the ability to touch anywhere on the screen—not just the shutter icon—to capture the photo, especially useful for self-portraits.
• Beats Audio built-in: designed to provide deeper bass, crisper vocals and detailed high notes for all your music, games, movies and videos. You also get HTC’s exclusive Music hub and Sync Manager for quick access to your Tunes.
• Minimalist, iconic design: the HTC One X Plus features a slim, lightweight polycarbonate unibody with a 2.5 D Gorilla Glass curved screen that flows around the phone’s edges. The HTC One X+ offers viewing capabilities even at extreme angles.
HTC One X+ Smartphone Global Press Release
TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 2, 2012: HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, today unveiled the HTC One™ X+, a refreshed version of its award-winning HTC One Plus smartphone, running the HTC Sense™ 4+ experience on Android™ Jelly Bean. The HTC One X Plus combines the iconic design, amazing camera and authentic audio experience of the HTC One series, with increased performance, longer battery life and expanded internal storage.
“We are taking the HTC One™ X to a new level with the introduction of the new HTC One™ X+,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “Our customers will have super-fast browsing, an even better camera and more immersive entertainment with Beats Audio.”
Performance, Endurance and Storage
Featuring a 1.7 GHz quad-core NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 AP37 processor and 64GB of internal storage, the HTC One X Plus LTE version is up to 67% faster than the HTC One™ X LTE, making the HTC One™ X+ the best rated Android phone on the market. Developed to be lightning fast, the HTC One™ X+ enables quicker web browsing, fluid gaming and graphic rendering, and speedy downloads, providing effortless usage on the go.
In addition to its increased performance speeds, the HTC One X Plus introduces extended performance with the inclusion of a 2100 mAh battery, giving you up to 50% (6 hours) more talk time, and longer to browse the web and enjoy your favorite music and videos.
Imaging, Music and Movies
Combining the amazing camera capabilities of its predecessor* with a series of intelligent features, powered by Sense™ 4+, the HTC One™ X+ has been designed to deliver the most premium mobile experience. The newly launched Self Portrait mode on the front camera helps you capture high quality photos by intuitively detecting the human face at various angles and applying subtle enhancements to skin and eyes. Sightseeing mode makes sure you’ll always be ready to capture the moment – one touch of the power button bypasses the lock screen and launches directly into the camera. Two new views in the Gallery display images and videos and group them according to where and when they were taken.
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the most immersive sound experience with an enhanced audio profile, crisper vocals and detailed high notes for your music, games, movies and videos. Making it easier to listen to music out loud, and through Sense™ 4+, the HTC One™ X+ introduces a new Tap and Go function, which allows you to connect the phone and your music to Beats speakers when you tap them. To disconnect, it is just another quick tap.
Providing exclusive access to thousands of movies through HTC Watch 2.0, the HTC One X Plus will appeal to both the avid film fan and the casual movie-goer. Combined with the introduction of video hub, another benefit of Sense™ 4+, for the first time you will be able to put all your video entertainment in a single place.
Easy Set Up
A new feature in the HTC One X+ is HTC Get Started, a new web service that guides the user painlessly through the set-up and personalisation process from a desktop web browser.
Designed to enhance the experience of setting up a phone for the first time, this feature ensures that users will get the most out of their new phone from the beginning. With the touch of a button, the user’s phone will reflect the settings and apps that were chosen on the Web. Visit start.htc.com for more details.
The HTC One™ X+ will be available in Europe and North Asia from October and in South Asia from November 2012. North America will make a separate announcement regarding availability of the HTC One™ X+. The Android Jelly Bean with HTC™ Sense 4+ update is scheduled to begin rolling out for the HTC One™ S and HTC One™ X from October.
Founded in 1997, HTC Corp. (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC’s portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by HTC Sense®, a multilayered graphical user interface that vastly improves user experience.
The names of companies and products mentioned here may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
 HTC One™ X+ (non LTE) is up to 27% faster than the HTC One™ X (non LTE). Source: HTC internal testing
 HTC One™ X+ has up to 37% more talk time than the HTC One™ X (up to 50% for LTE version). 6 hours more talk time (LTE version) and 4.7 hours more talk time (non LTE) when compared to the HTC One™ X. Source: HTC internal testing
 8MP camera with an f/2.0 wide aperture lens, backside-illuminated (BSI) sensor, Video Pic, HDR and one-press Continuous Shooting
 Tap and Go only works on selected Beats speakers, which are sold separately to the handset.