The new slim Nikon Coolpix S6300 has a lot to offer in a compact stylish camera body. The Coolpix S6300 incorporates a 10x optical zoom combined with Nikon’s lens Vibration Reduction technology, which is designed to help prevent blurry photos which may otherwise occur when shooting hand held under lower light conditions or when using the upper range of the zoom.
A 16.0 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor allows the camera to respond quickly and offer enhanced performance in challenging light senarios such as faces around a dimly lit birthday cake or sun-soaked days at the lake.
The Nikon Coolpix S6300 also records Full HD (1080p) movies with sound and you can create vast 180° and 360° still image views with the camera’s Easy Panorama (in-camera image stitching) mode. Creative colour options let users add their own personal touch in-camera with effects like Low Key, High Key and Nostalgia Sepia, while Selective Colour puts a little punch into images and movies.
The Nikon Coolpix S6300 comes supplied with a Li-Ion rechargeable battery and charger. The camera is available in either black or red and retails for an MSRP of $229.99
Nikon Coolpix S6300 Major Features:
• Back-illuminated 16-MP CMOS sensor: with each pixel receiving more light, this highly sensitive image sensor works with the EXPEED C2 processor to deliver clear images in any light.
• 10x NIKKOR optical zoom lens with wide-angle coverage (25–250mm): capture precise, high-resolution shots whether you’re shooting up close or from some distance away.
• Lens-shift (VR) vibration reduction: capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon’s automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
• Full HD (1080p) movie recording: easily record life in motion and in stereo sound. A dedicated video-record button makes it easy to begin filming.
• 3D shooting mode: create a 3D image that can be played back on 3D-capable TVs and computers.
• 2.7-inch LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, this large screen with Nikon’s Clear Color Display technology offers sharp contrast and clear viewing.
• Advanced movie functions: you can pause and then continue filming, and the camera will create one movie file for smooth playback. The optical zoom with autofocus can be used when filming and you can record in iFrame format. A built-in HDMI connector lets you connect the camera directly to an HDTV.
• Auto HDR mode: capture images with impressive tonal detail in any situation when you shoot in HDR mode. The camera combines two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich color gradation.
• Easy Panorama 360°/180°: pan vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
• High-speed continuous shooting: capture sharp shots of the action with ease. The camera can shoot up to seven consecutive shots at a fast six frames-per-second.
• Smart portrait system: snap perfect portraits every time. Smile timer takes the shot when your subject smiles. Blink proof alerts you when someone’s eyes were closed. Skin softening adjusts uneven skin tones for smoother-looking skin. Red-Eye Fix corrects false eye color due to the flash.
• Retouch menu: enhance your photos in-camera with a range of filter effects. Includes options such as Selective Color, which converts your image to monochrome then adds a splash of color to an area of your choice, and Cross Screen, which lends a starry effect to bright objects.
• 19 scene modes: scene modes automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
• Fast and accurate AF: when you want to capture subjects that are not in the center of the frame, you can set the camera to shoot with a 99-point autofocus system for extra-sharp results.
• Subject Tracking AF: capture sharp shots of subjects that can’t or won’t stay still. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on a selected subject even if it is moving around.
• Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your phone or personal computer, and then connect to the Internet to take advantage of Nikon’s photo sharing service, my Picturetown.
• EXPEED C2: Nikon’s fast and powerful image processing system provides high-speed operation, enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.
Nikon Coolpix S6300 Press Release:
Nikon Press Release: Nikon is proud to announce the Nikon Coolpix S6300 perfect for travel, sports events, music concerts and more. The colourful COOLPIX S6300 packs in a NIKKOR 10x optical zoom lens, a back-illuminated 16-megapixel CMOS image sensor, lens-shift vibration reduction and Full HD movie recording.
“The S6300 is a high performance, stylish camera that is ideal for capturing your adventures when you’re on the move,” comments James Loader, Product Manager for Consumer Products at Nikon. “Whether shooting stills or Full HD video, this new long range-zoom COOLPIX camera will capture the scene in vivid detail and the added features such as Auto HDR mode and 3D capability are bound to impress creative photographers.”
Bright and beautiful: the COOLPIX S6300 high zoom
Offering the perfect blend of sophisticated style and high-tech brilliance, the COOLPIX S6300 is the chic choice for those who want a camera that is easy to use and ideal to carry round. With a distinctive portable design it is perfect for taking anywhere. The NIKKOR 10x optical zoom captures unforgettable moments with ease, from wide-angle group shots to stunning close-ups, and the backlit CMOS image sensor delivers brilliant detail and clarity, even in low light.
For those who want to have fun with their photography, the COOLPIX S6300 comes equipped with 3D shooting capability. This dedicated 3D shooting mode combines two images taken from different positions to create a 3D image that can be played back on 3D-capable TVs and computers. Fun in-camera filter effects add flair, with options such as Selective Colour, which turns your images monochrome and adds a splash of colour to an object of your choice.
When the action warrants capturing more than a moment, the COOLPIX S6300 switches to Full HD (1080p) movie recording at the touch of a button, and 19 scene modes automatically optimise the camera settings for popular styles, effects and locations.
In Canada the Nikon Coolpix S6300 comes in either black or red and sells for an MSRP of $229.99.
We recommend checking Amazon for the latest US deals on the Nikon Coolpix S6300
Nikon Coolpix S6300 Specifications
|Type||Compact Digital Camera|
|Effective Pixels||16 million|
|Sensor Size||1/2.3 in.|
|Total Pixels||16.79 million (approx.)|
|Lens||10x optical zoom, NIKKOR ED glass lens|
|Lens Focal Length||4.5-45.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 25-250 mm lens in 35mm  format)|
|Lens Construction||8 elements in 8 groups|
|Digital Zoom||Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 1000mm lens in 35mm  format)|
|Vibration Reduction||Lens-shift VR|
|Autofocus (AF)||Contrast-detect TTL AF|
|Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection||Auto (9-area automatic selection)|
Manual with 99 focus areas
|Focus Range||[W]: Approx. 1 ft. 8 in. (50 cm.) to infinity|
[T]: Approx. 3 ft. 4 in. (1 m.) to infinity
Macro close-up mode: [W]: Approx. 4 in. (10 cm.) to infinity
|Maximum Autofocus Areas/Points||99|
|Monitor Size||2.7 in. diagonal|
|Monitor Type||TFT-LCD with Anti-reflection coating|
5-level brightness adjustment
|Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode)||98% horizontal (Approx.)|
98% vertical (Approx.)
|Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode)||100% horizontal (Approx.)|
|Storage Media||SD memory card|
SDHC memory card
SDXC memory card
|Internal Memory||Approx. 25MB|
|Storage File System||DCF|
|Storage File formats||Still pictures: JPEG|
Audio files: WAV
Movies: MOV (Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, Audio: AAC stereo)
3D pictures: MPO
|Movie||Audio file format: AAC stereo|
Full HD: 1920x1080p / 30fps
HD: 1280x720p / 24fps
iFrame® 540: 960×540 / 30fps
Movie file format: MPEG-4 AVC H.264
Standard TV: 640×480 / 30fps
|Voice Memo Function||Yes|
|Image Size (pixels)||4608 x 3456 (16M)|
|ISO Sensitivity||ISO 125-3200|
Auto (auto gain ISO 125-1600)
Fixed range auto (ISO 125-400, 125-800)
|Lowest ISO Sensitivity||125|
|Highest ISO Sensitivity||3200|
|Exposure Metering||256-segment matrix, center-weighted|
|Exposure Control||Programmed auto exposure (shutter speed, ND filter selection and ISO sensitivity)|
Flexible program with motion detection
|Exposure Modes||Programmed Auto|
|Scene Modes||Back Light|
Scene Auto Selector
|In-Camera Image Editing||Crop|
|Exposure Compensation||± 2 EV in steps of 1/3|
|Shutter||Mechanical and CMOS electronic shutter|
|Shutter Speed||1/2000-1 sec. (when ISO sensitivity set to Auto)|
4 sec. (when scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
|Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution||Up to 7 shots at approx. 6 frames per second|
|Continuous Shooting Options||Best Shot Selector|
Continuous H 60
Continuous H 120
|Aperture||Electronically controlled ND filter (-2.0 AV) insertion|
|Self-timer||Can be selected from 10 and 2 seconds duration|
|Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto)||[W]: 0.5 to 5.6m (1ft 8in. to 18ft.)|
[T]: 1.0 to 3.1m (3ft 4in. to 10ft.)
|Built-in Flash Control||TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes|
|Interface Data transfer protocol||MTP|
|HDMI Output||Can be selected from:|
|I/O terminal||Audio/video (A/V) output|
Digital I/O (USB)
HDMI Mini Connector (HDMI output)
Chinese (Simplified and Traditional)
|Power Sources||One Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12 (supplied)|
|Charging Time||3 hours and 20 minutes when battery is fully discharged (using Charging AC Adapter EH-69P/EH-69C) (Approx.)|
|Battery / Batteries||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL12|
|Battery Life (shots per charge)||Still pictures: Approx. 230 shots|
|Tripod Socket||¼ (ISO 1222)|
|Approx. Dimensions||Height: 2.3in. (57.7mm)|
Width: 3.7in. (93.6mm)
Depth: 1.1in. (26.0mm)
|Approx. Weight||5.7 oz. (160g)|
|Supplied Accessories||AN-CP19 Strap|
UC-E6 USB Cable
EG-CP16 Audio Video Cable
EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
EH-69P AC Adapter/Charger
NikonView NX 2 CD-ROM